New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Z4-Archon
Private
United_States
4
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White Z4 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

New Wheels (135i BMW 313s - 18in) and Tires

Hey folks,

Finally got new tires on a set of BMW 313 wheels. These are 18" rims instead of the Z4 313s, which are 19". I had the 296s on the car and combined with the run flats the back roads were pretty brutal.

I was worried about the offset of the wheels vs the stock rims and had purchased 2 12mm offset plates for the front wheels. It turned out that I didn't need them, they sit in a little bit more than the original wheels though. There is no rubbing and I still think they look good on the car.

I had Michelin PS2s put on the new wheels, they are a world of difference from the original run flats in terms of ride compliance. The grip seems great too, but I haven't really pushed it yet. We will see if it still understeers a bunch in the corners, which I do expect it to. Oh, the PS2s I got were 225/40 on the front and 255/35 on the rear.

The fit on the front brake calipers was pretty close though, but the stock 18s fit the same way as well.









Ron.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
braingirl
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: car
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

They look good.
What is the price differential between 18" versus the 19" 313 that is normally available?

I would have got the 19" 313, except for the fact it was only a dealer fit option at around 3000, compared to the 19" 326 (list price upgrade about 800)

the 18" looks tempting though, especially as a potential winter wheel setup to alternate with the 19" 326 summer wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Z4-Archon
Private
United_States
4
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White Z4 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

I got the 18" 313s from another forum member for $1200. There was a dealership selling them for $1500 at the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
HerrK
Captain
HerrK's Avatar
9
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 011 Z4 35i, 04 R1150RT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Archon View Post
I had Michelin PS2s put on the new wheels, they are a world of difference from the original run flats in terms of ride compliance. The grip seems great too, but I haven't really pushed it yet. We will see if it still understeers a bunch in the corners, which I do expect it to. Oh, the PS2s I got were 225/40 on the front and 255/35 on the rear. Ron.
They look nice. I'm thinking about going this route or with a good 18" aftermarket wheel (Advan AVS T5). Please drop us as note as to how they handle. Hope you get a pleasant surprise with decreased understeer.
__________________

HerrK - "It doesn't feel like a pair of turbo chargers. It feels like a pair of TESTIES!! BIG MEATY ONES!" - Jeremy Clarkson on the N54 powered Z4
May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l Nav
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Chuck76
Private First Class
Chuck76's Avatar
5
Rep
181
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 3.5i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Looks great. From the angle view the front does look a bit more recessed in the wheel well for my taste. The rear however is debatable. Side view, it looks very nice. have you tried putting on the 12mm spacers? Btw, thanks for taking the time to post pics of the 18 setup. Are these originally for the 1 or 3 series?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
bootboot
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive23i, F10 520i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I think they look amazing.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
wborrmann
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: z4 35is
Join Date: May 2011
Location: nj

iTrader: (0)

Z4 35is in the snow

I am looking to get the Z4 35is, because i love the car but it would be an all year car for me. I live in NJ and we get snow here. If the snow is bad i will not drive, but would snow tires help if there is only a few inches on the ground? I have driven the Z4 30i in the snow and it was not as bad as i thought it would be.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
wborrmann
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: z4 35is
Join Date: May 2011
Location: nj

iTrader: (0)

also, what snow tires would be best?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
STOOF
Captain
STOOF's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
624
Posts

 
Drives: '13 535i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wborrmann View Post
I am looking to get the Z4 35is, because i love the car but it would be an all year car for me. I live in NJ and we get snow here. If the snow is bad i will not drive, but would snow tires help if there is only a few inches on the ground? I have driven the Z4 30i in the snow and it was not as bad as i thought it would be.
wrong thread, but just get a set of blizzaks or dunlop winters and youll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
Z4-Archon
Private
United_States
4
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White Z4 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck76 View Post
Looks great. From the angle view the front does look a bit more recessed in the wheel well for my taste. The rear however is debatable. Side view, it looks very nice. have you tried putting on the 12mm spacers? Btw, thanks for taking the time to post pics of the 18 setup. Are these originally for the 1 or 3 series?
These are originally for the 1 series, I don't know if the 3 series is different or not though.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
HerrK
Captain
HerrK's Avatar
9
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 011 Z4 35i, 04 R1150RT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Archon View Post
These are originally for the 1 series, I don't know if the 3 series is different or not though.
The E89 and E9X "313's" come only in 19" and have different offsets (mainly front). The 1'ers use 18" 313's" and again have altogether different offsets both F&R than the E89 stock setup. Also the 1'ers are a narrower rim by 1/2" F&R than the E89 & E9X's.

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/
__________________

HerrK - "It doesn't feel like a pair of turbo chargers. It feels like a pair of TESTIES!! BIG MEATY ONES!" - Jeremy Clarkson on the N54 powered Z4
May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l Nav
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
spencers
3 liters of fun
spencers's Avatar
No_Country
4
Rep
419
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NWA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Archon View Post
I got the 18" 313s from another forum member for $1200. There was a dealership selling them for $1500 at the time.


Looks fantastic!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
313, rims, tires, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST