New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
BLKZ
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35i - sapphire black

Paint Protection

I'm looking for feedback & advice for a new member being offered X-Pack HiGloss Paint Protection by MotorOne with "exceptional stain resistance against bugs, bird droppings, sap, acid rain, salt, grime, grease & tar" with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Is this possible?

I am particularly looking for someone with personal experience of bird droppings, particularly if paint damage still occurrs despite having the X-Pack treatment.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
SHADOW4
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M4 2018

Garage List
2010 E89 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKZ View Post
I'm looking for feedback & advice for a new member being offered X-Pack HiGloss Paint Protection by MotorOne with "exceptional stain resistance against bugs, bird droppings, sap, acid rain, salt, grime, grease & tar" with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Is this possible?

I am particularly looking for someone with personal experience of bird droppings, particularly if paint damage still occurrs despite having the X-Pack treatment.
Sorry can't give feedback but my thoughts. After washing and waxing a car i feel very satisfied, the car smells good, my triceps are bigger and the garage looks like hell. (gives you a reason to put the car outside for showoff while cleaning the garage)

I don't belive in "lifetime warranty" without maintaining the surface anyway, so I'll put Venture Shield (paint protection film) on the most exposed parts and I'm going to make the car smell good every now and then and be proud of my good WORK instead of some "magic fluid" in an flashy bottle.
I don't say that these new formulas aren't good, but I don't think they protect the paint for a lifetime.

Just my thoughts
Appreciate 0