New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #23
BMWE934me
GySgt USMC
 
BMWE934me's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 616
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot View Post
You had 225/45/17 in the rear? I have 255/40/17 RFT's as OEM.

BTW, how much did you pay for the PSS?

Cheers!
Sounds like you have staggered wheels. whereas I have 8" all around. The 245/45R17 tires cost $219 ea and the 225/45R17 were $174 ea.
__________________
'11 AW E93 335i Conv.
'11 OS E89 Z4 (Sold)
'10 AW E92 M3 (Sold)
BMWE934me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
redhot
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chandler

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Count me in as another win. Just ordered 235/45 and 245/45 for my 17" rims. Though they are bit over sized based on stock OEM size, I am hoping that the ABS and other nannies will not complain .

Now the wait to have them in at Costco before getting them installed.
__________________
09 Z4 35i
redhot is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #25
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwmick's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AZ/CA

Posts: 226
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot View Post
Count me in as another win. Just ordered 235/45 and 245/45 for my 17" rims. Though they are bit over sized based on stock OEM size, I am hoping that the ABS and other nannies will not complain .

Now the wait to have them in at Costco before getting them installed.
Red,
I'm surprised, the one time we attempted to get tires at a costco, they would NOT even order over-sized tires for our Z3, Jerks must have a lawyer on-call.
__________________
Mick
2011 35i 6-speed, ///M Sport, Deep Sea Blue, Black leather, Carbon trim, Cold Weather package, Premium package, 6CD changer. Delivered 7/15/11. Michelin Pilot SuperSport tires 10/24/12
Tucson,AZ/Santa Paula,CA

Last edited by bmwmick; 01-12-2013 at 11:20 PM.
bmwmick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #26
BMWE934me
GySgt USMC
 
BMWE934me's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 616
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot View Post
Count me in as another win. Just ordered 235/45 and 245/45 for my 17" rims. Though they are bit over sized based on stock OEM size, I am hoping that the ABS and other nannies will not complain .

Now the wait to have them in at Costco before getting them installed.
I did the 245/45R17 and no codes or anything. They actually make the speedometer more accurate according to my GPS display. They look better too at filling the wheel well.
__________________
'11 AW E93 335i Conv.
'11 OS E89 Z4 (Sold)
'10 AW E92 M3 (Sold)
BMWE934me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
redhot
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chandler

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmick View Post
Red,
I'm surprised, the one time we attempted to get tires at a costco, they would NOT even order oversized tires for our Z3, Jerks must have a lawer on-call.
Spoke to the Manager directly. Though he made me sign a waiver and gave me a lesson on oversizing/undersizing, non-RFT/RFT but it was all in good taste to make me aware of the delta's between the various tires.

I only wish I could buy some cheap 18" rims to put the PSS on as they are available in factory size on the 18"

Anybody getting rid of their 18"?? Especially the 313's...
__________________
09 Z4 35i
redhot is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #28
BMWE934me
GySgt USMC
 
BMWE934me's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 616
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot View Post
Spoke to the Manager directly. Though he made me sign a waiver and gave me a lesson on oversizing/undersizing, non-RFT/RFT but it was all in good taste to make me aware of the delta's between the various tires.

I only wish I could buy some cheap 18" rims to put the PSS on as they are available in factory size on the 18"

Anybody getting rid of their 18"?? Especially the 313's...
I was trying to do the same thing and get 18's to upgrade. Right after I biught the 17" PSS, I got a goos offer for a set of 292's for $600 plus shipping from Florida. If you are intrested, I can try and see if they are still available.
__________________
'11 AW E93 335i Conv.
'11 OS E89 Z4 (Sold)
'10 AW E92 M3 (Sold)
BMWE934me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #29
redhot
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chandler

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ44me View Post
I was trying to do the same thing and get 18's to upgrade. Right after I biught the 17" PSS, I got a goos offer for a set of 292's for $600 plus shipping from Florida. If you are intrested, I can try and see if they are still available.
Thanks! However, I have the same rim - the Turbine aka 292 and they are 17".
__________________
09 Z4 35i
redhot is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
BMWE934me
GySgt USMC
 
BMWE934me's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 616
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot View Post
Thanks! However, I have the same rim - the Turbine aka 292 and they are 17".
Sorry about that. They listed them incorrectly in their add.

Good luck locating them 313's, they sure are a great looking wheel.
__________________
'11 AW E93 335i Conv.
'11 OS E89 Z4 (Sold)
'10 AW E92 M3 (Sold)
BMWE934me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #31
clo1_2000
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Jet Black 2013 Z4 28i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW Z4 28i  [0.00]
Does anyone know how I can find out the OEM brand and model of tires for the 2013 Z4 28i? I wonder if they have gotten better than the ones the used in previous years.

Last edited by clo1_2000; 11-07-2012 at 04:36 PM.
clo1_2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #32
BMWE934me
GySgt USMC
 
BMWE934me's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 616
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clo1_2000 View Post
Does anyone know how I can find out the OEM brand and model of tires for the 2013 Z4 28i? I wonder if they have gotten better than the ones the used in previous years.
•Star Spoke (style 290) 17" x 8.0" light alloy wheels w/P225/45R17 run-flat performance tires
Name:  Stock wheel & tire.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  102.8 KB

http://www.rallyebmw.com/VehicleDeta...LZ5q!965397673
__________________
'11 AW E93 335i Conv.
'11 OS E89 Z4 (Sold)
'10 AW E92 M3 (Sold)
BMWE934me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
clo1_2000
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Jet Black 2013 Z4 28i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW Z4 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ44me View Post
•Star Spoke (style 290) 17" x 8.0" light alloy wheels w/P225/45R17 run-flat performance tires
Attachment 778882

http://www.rallyebmw.com/VehicleDeta...LZ5q!965397673
Awesome, thanks. Think my first purchase will be the tires
clo1_2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #34
Asbjorn
Lieutenant
 
Asbjorn's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS twin-turbo roadster (E89)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: European in China

Posts: 541
iTrader: (0)

1788 USD for 4 new Michelin PP2 265/35R18 tires including mounting etc. This is the quote I got today at my local Michelin dealer. They did not have any PS2 or PSS tires on stock put I saw some PS3 17"??

Anyway, I am not getting PP2 tires. But because of this tread I started to wonder what the Michelin price level is here in China. What do you guys normally pay in the US?
__________________
Little known facts about BMW: 1) The N54 is still in production and used in the current Z4 35i and 35is. 2) In a Z4 you can get sport+ steering combined with normal suspension etc by selecting DSC=off. (Update: DSC=off also offers sports steering in the M135i) 3) All Z4s with 19" wheels are still only offered with the worst performing OEM tires ever sold with a DCT equipped BMW (Potenza RE 050 RFT).
Asbjorn is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
redhot
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chandler

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn View Post
1788 USD for 4 new Michelin PP2 265/35R18 tires including mounting etc. This is the quote I got today at my local Michelin dealer. They did not have any PS2 or PSS tires on stock put I saw some PS3 17"??

Anyway, I am not getting PP2 tires. But because of this tread I started to wonder what the Michelin price level is here in China. What do you guys normally pay in the US?
I'd say ~$250 or less per tire, though it would depend on the size you choose. Check tirerack.com for prices. Though they are not the cheapest(local deals can be had if you know how to negotiate) it will give you some idea about the avg. prices.
__________________
09 Z4 35i
redhot is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #36
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwmick's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AZ/CA

Posts: 226
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn View Post
Anyway, I am not getting PP2 tires. But because of this tread I started to wonder what the Michelin price level is here in China. What do you guys normally pay in the US?
$1130 out-the-door with road hazard certificates, TPMS gaskets, mounting and balancing (this IS out-the-door) for 245X40X18/255X35X18's at Discount Tire, this includes the $70 rebate Visa card. The 800# for flat repair and flatbed towing in case of a flat also helped sell these tires. We carry a 'mobility' kit in the trunk too.
__________________
Mick
2011 35i 6-speed, ///M Sport, Deep Sea Blue, Black leather, Carbon trim, Cold Weather package, Premium package, 6CD changer. Delivered 7/15/11. Michelin Pilot SuperSport tires 10/24/12
Tucson,AZ/Santa Paula,CA

Last edited by bmwmick; 11-08-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added details of pricing
bmwmick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
BMWE934me
GySgt USMC
 
BMWE934me's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 616
iTrader: (20)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjørn View Post
1788 USD for 4 new Michelin PP2 265/35R18 tires including mounting etc. This is the quote I got today at my local Michelin dealer. They did not have any PS2 or PSS tires on stock put I saw some PS3 17"??

Anyway, I am not getting PP2 tires. But because of this tread I started to wonder what the Michelin price level is here in China. What do you guys normally pay in the US?
Discount Tire $1094.27 out the door for mine, plus $100 rebate, TPMS rebuilds, Mount & Balance along with the Michelin advantage plan for free towing or tire change too. This was for a pair of 225/45R17 front and 245/45R17 rear.
__________________
'11 AW E93 335i Conv.
'11 OS E89 Z4 (Sold)
'10 AW E92 M3 (Sold)

Last edited by BMWE934me; 11-08-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: tire size
BMWE934me is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #38
Asbjorn
Lieutenant
 
Asbjorn's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS twin-turbo roadster (E89)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: European in China

Posts: 541
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for all the replies! That's it, i'm moving to the US...
__________________
Little known facts about BMW: 1) The N54 is still in production and used in the current Z4 35i and 35is. 2) In a Z4 you can get sport+ steering combined with normal suspension etc by selecting DSC=off. (Update: DSC=off also offers sports steering in the M135i) 3) All Z4s with 19" wheels are still only offered with the worst performing OEM tires ever sold with a DCT equipped BMW (Potenza RE 050 RFT).
Asbjorn is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #39
morfinx
Shenanigans
 
morfinx's Avatar
 
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,217
iTrader: (0)

Had the PSS on my E92. Fantastic tires. Much better than the stock Bridgestone RTFs.
morfinx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #40
redhot
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chandler

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Just got my PSS installed today. Though I will post my detailed observation later, the immediate benefit is a quiter and less bumpier ride. Will have to wait till summer to fully appreciate the tires.
__________________
09 Z4 35i
redhot is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #41
Pacemaker1000
Private
 
Drives: Z4
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uk

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

couple of questions guys as i want to change tyres for comfort. i have 19" rims with standard suspension and although i dont find it too crashy over bumps i do find the ride jittery even on smooth surfaces
will this cure the problem?
is it worth it on 19" rims? there isn't much side-wall to give anyway especially when you factor in the high pressures.
may have a chance to downsize to 18's to someone wanting the better looking wheels

i assume the rims are the same for rft's or not so adding some foam and a pump to the car shouldn't effect anything???

no real difference in cost here in 18's or 19's about £630 fitted ($1000)

ps we have 17" rft's on our 3 m-sport and don't mind it so much
pps what are the correct tyre sizes for 18's?

Last edited by Pacemaker1000; 11-19-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Pacemaker1000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #42
morfinx
Shenanigans
 
morfinx's Avatar
 
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacemaker1000 View Post
couple of questions guys as i want to change tyres for comfort. i have 19" rims with standard suspension and although i dont find it too crashy over bumps i do find the ride jittery even on smooth surfaces
will this cure the problem?
is it worth it on 19" rims? there isn't much side-wall to give anyway especially when you factor in the high pressures.
may have a chance to downsize to 18's to someone wanting the better looking wheels

i assume the rims are the same for rft's or not so adding some foam and a pump to the car shouldn't effect anything???

no real difference in cost here in 18's or 19's about £630 fitted ($1000)

ps we have 17" rft's on our 3 m-sport and don't mind it so much
pps what are the correct tyre sizes for 18's?
Had 18" PSS on my 335i. The ride was a lot less harsh than the stock RFTs. You can replace RFTs with regular tires and reuse the same rims.

The 18" sizes are 225/40 front and 255/35 rear.
morfinx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #43
ChuckB
Lieutenant
 
ChuckB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockenheim, Germany (APO)

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Where did you settle on tire pressures, still running/happy with the 36/38 setting?
__________________
2007 E81 - 120d Limited Sport Ed
2009 E89 - sDrive3.0
ChuckB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #44
morfinx
Shenanigans
 
morfinx's Avatar
 
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
Where did you settle on tire pressures, still running/happy with the 36/38 setting?
I ran the same tire pressure as stock.
morfinx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST