New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > E89 Z4 Classifieds > Commercial Z4 Classifieds

09-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #45
ZGirl07
Lieutenant General

Drives: '13 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB30 View Post
Has anyone tried to install these in an E89? I tried to put them in last weekend and there is one large tab on the Lux's that seems to prevent the unit from fulling "clicking" into place like the stock bulb does. Has anyone else encountered this and is this a known issue? Earlier in the thread, it says that they "fit" in the E89 with no modification but it does appear that the one oversized tab needs to be circumcised in order for the unit to be properly locked into place.

Thanks in advance for the replies from any of you that have installed these.
i just installed mine last weekend. I dont think anything needs to be cut in order for them to fit but one side refused to turn fully to lock into place so its not 100% secure imo. Im hoping it wont pop out in the event that I hit a pothole or something. My outer rings are barely visible too. They look so bright in everyones pix though.
      09-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #46
JDB30
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2010 Z4 sDrive 35i

Send a message via AIM to JDB30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
i just installed mine last weekend. I dont think anything needs to be cut in order for them to fit but one side refused to turn fully to lock into place so its not 100% secure imo. Im hoping it wont pop out in the event that I hit a pothole or something. My outer rings are barely visible too. They look so bright in everyones pix though.
I experienced the exact same thing---the outer rings aren't bright and they only turned a couple millimeters, at most. perhaps the brightness of the outer rings is due to them not being properly positioned? It's a bummer to pay nearly $250 and not be able to install properly, don't you think?
JDB30 is offline   United_States
      09-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #47
ZGirl07
Lieutenant General

Quote:
I experienced the exact same thing---the outer rings aren't bright and they only turned a couple millimeters, at most. perhaps the brightness of the outer rings is due to them not being properly positioned? It's a bummer to pay nearly $250 and not be able to install properly, don't you think?
It took me about 2 mins to install one side and I kept trying to lock in the other for about an hour and I gave up. Lol. I dont think the brightness has anything to do with the fact that its not fully secured, at least not for me because one side is properly locked in and it looks exactly the same. Maybe its the latest batch? I know they were sold out for a few weeks.
      09-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #48
JDB30
Enlisted Member

OK, thanks. By the way, i noticed your tag. I actually went to the Abu Dhabi race last year---it was awesome. I'm going to Singapore race next week!
      09-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #49
flpnout
Major

Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i & 2014 R8

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to flpnout
They took about 15 minutes on each side. Not sure what I'd did, but I just kept turning and turning until it stayed on. I can pull on them and they don't come off. It is a bit difficult to uninstall once you have it on unless you wear a rubber glove for grip.

2010 BMW Z4-35i AW/Red, 6-spd MT, Dinan Stage 3, Dinan Lightened Flywheel, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Pedals, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, KW v3, H&R Sway Bars, ACS Type 8 Forged Wheels w/ Michelin PSS, Alpine HID, and 3D Design lip & diffuser.
flpnout is offline   United_States
      09-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #50
JDB30
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
They took about 15 minutes on each side. Not sure what I'd did, but I just kept turning and turning until it stayed on. I can pull on them and they don't come off. It is a bit difficult to uninstall once you have it on unless you wear a rubber glove for grip.
How much did they turn when you "locked" them in? Mine didn't turn anywhere near as much as the stock bulbs. I pull on them and they don't come off but if I turn the LUX bulbs merely a couple of millimeters at most, they pop out---not exactly a "firm" grip. There is one oversized tab on the LUX H8 V3 bulb that seems larger than anything on the stock bulb so I'm guessing that it's obstructing the unit from turning firmly into place. But, since I'm about as far away as a DIY-er, I'd appreciate confirmation on this or someone telling me what I screwed up.

Thanks, guys.
      09-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #51
flpnout
Major

Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i & 2014 R8

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to flpnout
When it catches, it only turned a few millimeters like you said. It was frustrating! Once it stayed, I tugged to look for any play, and then left it alone.

2010 BMW Z4-35i AW/Red, 6-spd MT, Dinan Stage 3, Dinan Lightened Flywheel, Dinan FMIC, Dinan Pedals, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, KW v3, H&R Sway Bars, ACS Type 8 Forged Wheels w/ Michelin PSS, Alpine HID, and 3D Design lip & diffuser.
flpnout is offline   United_States
      09-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #52
JDB30
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
When it catches, it only turned a few millimeters like you said. It was frustrating! Once it stayed, I tugged to look for any play, and then left it alone.
Yeah--same for me. I gotta believe that oversized tab is the issue. Has anyone trimmed the tab and had it "click" into place properly? If so, what was the procedure and tools you used?

If anyone from LUX is monitoring this, you guys need to address this "defect" to those of us who have purchased this unit. $245 is too much to pay for something that isn't 100% functional. You posted that this unit works for the E89 without any modification but, by your own acknowledgement, failed to test the unit yourselves. Please address with us.

Also, the outer ring is barely visible---anyone else have this issue? Again, this is in contrast with what was described by LUX re: the unit.
      09-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #53
ZGirl07
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Yeah--same for me. I gotta believe that oversized tab is the issue. Has anyone trimmed the tab and had it "click" into place properly? If so, what was the procedure and tools you used?

If anyone from LUX is monitoring this, you guys need to address this "defect" to those of us who have purchased this unit. $245 is too much to pay for something that isn't 100% functional. You posted that this unit works for the E89 without any modification but, by your own acknowledgement, failed to test the unit yourselves. Please address with us.

Also, the outer ring is barely visible---anyone else have this issue? Again, this is in contrast with what was described by LUX re: the unit.
Lux is closed for his wedding & honeymoon, he ll be back later in the month. My rings arent as bright as others during the day, even when its cloudy but at night theyre perfect so idk.
      09-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #54
LuxAngelEyes

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
Lux is closed for his wedding & honeymoon, he ll be back later in the month. My rings arent as bright as others during the day, even when its cloudy but at night theyre perfect so idk.
Just to address a few issues. the LUX is designed NOT to twist in all the way actually. they are designed this way because when they are twisted in all the way the LED's are not lined up correctly and they appear dimmer.

the outer ring will always be dimmer and that is due to the design of the headlight itself, so there is no way to avoid that.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
      09-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #55
JDB30
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post

the outer ring will always be dimmer and that is due to the design of the headlight itself, so there is no way to avoid that.
Well, then why do you post this on the home page of your site:

LED angel eyes are unique to halogen or xenon angel eyes because they are designed specifically to make both the inner and outer ring equal brightness while maximizing brightness.

???????????
      09-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #56
LuxAngelEyes

Quote:
Well, then why do you post this on the home page of your site:

LED angel eyes are unique to halogen or xenon angel eyes because they are designed specifically to make both the inner and outer ring equal brightness while maximizing brightness.

???????????
Maybe i didnt quite explain that correctly in my post above. the outer ring is designed differently so that it will appear different then the inner ring. the LUX H8's work to make both rings as equal as possible in brightness.
      10-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #57
z4z4z4
Lieutenant

Drives: 2002 M3, 2011 Z4, & her 740Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Maybe i didnt quite explain that correctly in my post above. the outer ring is designed differently so that it will appear different then the inner ring. the LUX H8's work to make both rings as equal as possible in brightness.
Just like from the factory, the outer ring is not as bright, but not by much and it is dependent on and varies with the viewing angle. Also, the significance of the more prominent inner ring is appreciated when the headlamps are on and enhancing the outer rings.

To help installation you can put a tie-wrap on the body of the bulb to provide a bit more grip for your fingertips, cut/remove after the lamp is in place.

BBS-ER-HPF-iJDM-LUX-MachtSchnell-PSS-Remus-Tekarbon
z4z4z4 is offline   United_States
      10-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #58
LuxAngelEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4z4z4 View Post
Just like from the factory, the outer ring is not as bright, but not by much and it is dependent on and varies with the viewing angle. Also, the significance of the more prominent inner ring is appreciated when the headlamps are on and enhancing the outer rings.

To help installation you can put a tie-wrap on the body of the bulb to provide a bit more grip for your fingertips, cut/remove after the lamp is in place.
Good idea for helping to get these installed!
      10-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #59
LuxAngelEyes

the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes are now BACK in Stock!!!!

Price for these is $245 + $10 shipping within the USA

Thank you all for your patience while we get these back in stock.
      01-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #60
LuxAngelEyes

Bump it up. LUX H8 V3 angel eyes are STILL the brightest LED Angel eyes on the market
      03-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #61
LuxAngelEyes

Bump it up Lots of pictures on our website showing the Z4's!
      03-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #62
LuxAngelEyes

All orders shipped!!!

BUMP it Up. Still the brightest LED Angel eye product on the market
      05-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #63
LuxAngelEyes

All order shipped out today!!!
      08-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #64
jameshorwitz

Drives: sdrive2.3 z4 2010

Hi, when can I order these for my z4? Is there a rough date for stock?
      08-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #65
jameshorwitz

Drives: sdrive2.3 z4 2010

Says they don't deliver to the UK
      11-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #66
LuxAngelEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshorwitz View Post
Says they don't deliver to the UK
Yes we can deliver to the UK

LUX H8 V3, 5000K and Amber IN STOCK and ready to Ship!