08-05-2023, 04:38 PM   #14
Hejnfelt
Private
Estonia
Rep
Drives: ‘13 BMW Z4 sDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
Hmm...Maybe i should get one aswell... Its tempting... if only it played youtube, so i could go through my youtube playlists and play music from there... at the moment i use aux and phone for that... even in a mercedes, that i sometimes use, that has carplay i also hook it up to carplay and then use the app on the phone to choose and play my music.

Interesting trim combo... dash is aluminum but center console isnt. Havent really noticed that before. Thought all have same trim throughout the cabin... Maybe its the twotone thing? You have that black roof option aswell. Saw the pictures Differ put on facebook of the work that was done on yours. Car looked great! I had forgot how high oem suspension is... mine is quite slammed compared to yours...
This is the official LCI refresh combo interior. It's a show car that was not driven by press but only ferried around to car shows until sold internally to someone high up and cared for meticulously. As such it has all the options including the adaptive suspension which I must say, for a daily driver on Estonian roads I am not in any hurry to get rid of. Car has very high quality leather and materials everywhere. The center console is piano black which is matched on the door side panels. I know piano black is a bitch to take care of but mine doesn't have a scratch and I intend to keep it that way. Doors inside are alcantara covered like the seats. Night and day difference to my previous Z4 23i. The fit and finish is perfection on everything. It felt like I am the first person to take these trim panels off in 10 years. See these photos from the LCI launch. Mine is an exact copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
How's the sound quality compared to stock with that? A few years ago I got an upgraded iDrive display with Android built in for my M4 and the sound could best be described as "muddy" when playing through the add-on box that unit uses...
The Mr12Volt has a better equalizer than the stock system. I have the 677 system which sounds pretty decent already but with the better MOST connection and a better equalizer you can tune it better with the Mr12Volt than you can stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
Does it play like every video on youtube? Like say if i upload a song to youtube with some random picture or even video... does it play those aswell? Or are there cases when it wont play?

I used to collect music on itunes aswell.. but i put most of it to the built in harddrive... and i have an extra usb stick i use if i want take any albums quickly in the car.
But yeah these days with unlimited mobile data i dont see the point in playing with files anymore. And i dont want to use Spotify or similar. I have had same youtube account from 2007 and been making playlists on there since then.. accumulated quite a library over the years...
Guess ill buy youtube premium and try it in the mercedes first...
It plays Youtube just as Spotify no problem.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0