View Single Post
      12-21-2020, 12:01 AM   #32
proboner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Well the diamond floor covers I ordered 7 weeks ago finally showed up today. Didn't realize it was going to be that long, but for the price I probably should have. My main reason for this purchase is that I hate how difficult it can be to clean carpet. Well I'll admit, they're pretty decent. Fit well and super easy to install, too like 3 minutes per side. We'll see how the cleaning goes, but it seems like a decent purchase already.

Also met up with a buddy of mine for a quick race. He's had his ESS supercharged Z4M for about a year and a half now and is about to sell it, so we decided we should probably line up just so see where the cars stand. The freeway was busier than we'd have liked, so we decided on a 3rd gear roll at 60. He honked it off and honestly I left a bit early, but pulled ~2 cars by the top of 3rd at 100mph. We raced once more after this, with me doing the three-honk and this time I left a bit late, to make up for the first race. He pulled about a fender on me before I reeled him in and put about on before once again letting off at the top of 3rd. I'm not too upset with the showing!

After the race we took a few pics of the cars together, for posterity's sake.

We then went to look at his newly purchased 2011 135i. A clean example for sure, but he took me for a ride and now I'm pissed! It came with Solo Werks coilovers and these things ride SO MUCH NICER than my ST's! Just an absolute dream! WTF!
Appreciate 0