View Single Post
      07-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Hi san4ever

Im not sure if JB4 runs higher boost than ESS stg2, but it is certainly "interesting" to hear about at DCT being replaced not because it slips but because of this rattling noise. Due to your experience I switched back to to ESS stg1 yesterday, just in case I still want to keep the car past 100.000kms (more or less 35is power figures and still a ton of fun to drive).

I never use the launch control out of fear for premature slip, but it seems there is more to worry about... I have noticed that mine makes a tiny bit of rattling noise, but only when warm, and it is not audible when cruising at low rpm. In other words, currently not a problem worth mentioning at all. But the thing is that I do not remember if it was there also before I installed my ess tune. It is most audible during accelleration if in sport+ mode. Did your noise increase slowly over time or was it just there suddenly? Does people without any tune have the same noise as mine?

And btw can someone confirm if the turbos are worn out more quickly if running high boost even if one does not actually floor it all the time? I always tought that if you did not push it, the turbos would (theoretically) last as long as if the factory map was being used...
Appreciate 0