davidmbell
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 318d Exclusive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbell View Post
Mine is now having it's fuel tank replaced. As I'm away on vacation I emailed the garage for an update and this was their reply :

"The issue is well on the way to be resolved. I shall briefly summarize what's been happening.
We have been very busy in diagnosing this strange very intermittent noise. Andy has heard it so we know it is there.
We have firstly replaced all the parts that fit onto or into the fuel tank to see if this noise was eliminated. It wasn't so we have taken the decision to replace the fuel tank. This had to come over from Germany which took 5 days to get here (arrived this morning). Replacing the fuel tank is a massive job, virtually the whole of the rear suspension has to removed and then replaced and a geometry alignment carried out. This is going to roll over into Monday. Once this work is complete I propose that we continue testing the vehicle for a couple of days to make sure that this has been totally resolved and the noise is no longer there. This we can only do by Andy running the vehicle. Whilst Andy is running yours he has made his available for you and I will arrange to have it brought to your home on Monday."

So fingers crossed a whole replacement tank will sort it out.

Watch this space.

David
Just an update on my car, as I mentioned above I came back from my two week vacation and the dealer said the car still wasn't ready - they ended up keeping it till last Friday to complete their testing. I think they wanted to run a full tank of fuel through it, just to make sure it didn't change sound at differening levels of fuel.

So I have the car back and am finally happy with it. OK so it does have a small whine, but I think its the nature of the design and location of the tank, certainly not a annoying whine like it was before, and something I think I can live with.

I have to applaud BMW Scothall in Leeds for all the efforts (eventually) in getting me and my car sorted. What started out as a rocky relationship has ended well and I can't fault the contact I have had with Rob Gooblar on Service Desk. Good effort Scothall.

I also managed to get a new drivers seat cover too (Nappa Pure White Design Leather Pack). Having complained that I didn't feel the wear on the drivers side bolster was right for a car that cost almost £40,000 and having only done 14,000 miles. The new one doesn't fit quite as well as the old one, with one or two wrinkles, but these may settle over time.

So all sorted, I can begin enjoying my new toy.

David
Automatic
Business Nav
Appreciate 0