07-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #116
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I know for a fact (for my car at least) that Petro-Canada gas made the whining noise. I've switched to Esso for the longest time and never had another episode again.
Check out www.toptiergas.com for gasoline comparos

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd53 View Post
I am now on the 4th fuel pump, counting the one it came with. The latest one has been quiet for about a month. The two previous ones were fine at first but started the high pitched tone after about 6 mo of use. I was surprised the last time that BMW chose to just put another one in instead of doing something more radical. Fortunately there are 2 1/2 years of warranty remaining for them to hopefully find a permanent fix.
I'm surprised to see a 2011 with HPFP probs, and 4 to boot. It was the 2011 model that finally got the fuel pump that worked. Makes me think there's something else going on because even if you somehow started out with a bad version, you should have gotten the good pump for a replacement. But 4 times?

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0