First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4
So, I just got into my Z4 the other day Love the car, so much fun!

I let my girlfriend try it out today. Short story short, she ended up hitting and going up a 3 inch curb at 30-40mph, give or take. Both the right front and rear rims are scratched pretty badly (it's dark out... will take some pictures tomorrow). A small chunk of the tire got sliced off, but the body of the car is ok, thankfully. I took a look at the curb and a large chunk of it was missing... either BMW makes godly strong wheels, or it was a super violent impact.

I'm wonder what kind of damage am I looking at realistically? I would imagine bent rims, but that's not my concern. What about wheel alignment, or worse, axle alignment (or are they the same thing...?) I drove it on the highway, and the vibration seemed to be normal or minor... What other damage could there be? Frame, ball joint, etc. or am I being over paranoid.
I think at a minimum you'd want to swing by BMW and have the alignment checked. I've gone to local tire shop with mine and sometimes they can't fully adjust the BMW due to needing a special tool or something.
Appreciate 0