03-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #54
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
When I was driving home top down last night I was reminded again why people call the Z4 a chick car.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE3Nzc2OTY4.html

I had already beforehand decided to take this turn in a spirited way, so that is why I was unable to respond more like a gentleman...

PS yes, its legal to turn right on red lights in China, and no, I really have absolutely no idea who those girls in the taxi were. But I remember I was overtaken by the same taxi a few minutes earlier.
That's interesting as I've just spent 2 week vacationing in China (Shanghai and Nanjing). I've noted a few peculiarities:

- For BMW, Audi, and MB, I generally only see lower trims in a given series. I rarely see the top trim model. For example, I saw a lot of 320i and some 328i, but I don't recall seeing a single 335i. I wonder if it's tax related.

- Nearly all of them are stretched versions instead of the normal version. For example, 320Li, A4L, C200L. None of them are available in the US.

- I did not see a single Z4 until the very last last day in Shanghai, when I've basically given up hope. Then I saw in the distance an Alpine White E89, either a 23i, 28i, or 30i. I nearly shed a single tear of joy!

- BMWs are about 2x the price in China compared to US. A 2013 335Li is about 600k RMB, which at the exchange of close to 6 to 1, is close to $100k USD.

- I did see a lot of Mini's. Apparently those are pretty popular.

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0