05-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #16
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
Well you are right. And since I am representing China, of course I am just thinking about the new 1-series, because we get the 5 seater 5-door hatchback here. The coupe is a very rare sight unfortunately.

But yes, the 5-series is 57cm longer than the 1-series while the SL is only 38cm longer than the Z4. Not a perfect comparison. The Z4 however is shorter than a 1-series, while the SL is as long as a the new 3-series.
Could you please elaborate why one car being longer or shorter has any real relevance?

Whether a SL being 10cm or 50cm longer than the Z4…. still makes it the same type of car (2 door roadster).
The Z4, SLK, SL, Boxster (among others, like the SLS Convertible and Miata) are are 2 seater roadsters.
While the 1 series is a 2+2 Coupe/convertible, and the 5 series is a 5 seater 4 door sedan.

Unfortunately, I still fail to see how comparing a 1er to a 5er is in anyway a similar comparison to a Z4 and SL? (or Z4 and SLK, or Boxster to Z4, etc)

I'm just trying to understand what what you were trying to convey simply due to my curiosity

Would you be able to import a car from the US for personal use and save on taxes?

And when you said " 5 seater 5-door hatchback here"

I assume you mean the 5 series Gran Turismo?
I'm unfamiliar with a 5 seater 1 series.
Appreciate 0