View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 06:36 PM   #38
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

When I got my E46 M3, it had been in Florida and had no front plate, so I didn't add one (which is a law in NY). In a month or so time I had been pulled over three times for no plate, one of which was a speed and he wrote the ticket for the front plate. I will never do that again. I mean you could be out with the wife, have a few drinks at dinner and get popped on the way home, even though you are OK, you may be "impaired". It's just attention I wouldn't want to deal with, so I popped holes in my new car.

Additionally in the same E46, they were doing a seatbelt sweep, they had a cop at the entrance of a highway in plain clothes and a stop on the ramp. The second I saw the cops I put my belt on but didn't know there was a plain clothes guy I had passed. The cop asked me when I put the seat belt on, of course I played stupid. Well because I lied he got me for tinted windows, which were like 3% over the state maximum.

Needless to say I will never tint windows, I will never run one plate. I do not like receiving unwanted attention.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410784.50
Sedan_Clan25116.50