View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #24
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
EDITED: California law states that the driver and passenger front windows "must allow at least 70 percent of light to penetrate into the vehicle" (30% tint). California doesn't even allow medical exemptions. In SoCal, the sun can be relentless, and a very large percentage of cars are tinted for sun protection and cooler temps in the car. Enthusiasts tend to go darker than most. I have 35% all around on my M4, they didn't have 30%.

Most tint shops have a policy that if they installed it and you get a ticket, they'll take it off for free. Having it removed is the only remedy, unless you know a friendly cop who will sign off your citation without you actually removing it.
I'm in Ny; have the same law, if I recall correctly it's a $300 summons here. They don't really harass here unless your windows are black. I have 40%. Police want to see if youre on the cell and not hands free, smoking greenery; things of that nature. that's the real reason behind the ny law (the new enforcment of it anyway).
Appreciate 0