10-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
E89Tardis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzo View Post
Maybe I'm missing some important detail, but isn't the "problem" described here actually normal operation? I can't imagine why I would want to drive around with the screen closed for any reason. Maybe it's just me.
That would make the operation much simpler. Just leave it open all the time and remove the "closed" feature. I open mine maybe 5% of the time for navigation, phone, statue inquiries. 95% of the time I don't need it to be open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
I'd have to check this out again, but I think if you close the screen while the car is on, the next time you start up it remembers and leaves the screen closed.
That is how it works now and how newer models always worked but in 2009, It would always open on start, then you'd have to close it with the selection. It was a nuisance. .....And now it's not! but I lived with it like that for a year or two. At one point it was supposedly some legal issue requiring an the message acknowledgement that you wouldn't crash by looking at the screen too much, but never the less, I picked it up from the dealer one day after a normal maintenance and it was better! That was a good day...
Appreciate 0