View Single Post
      12-17-2017, 12:18 AM   #97
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Third time lucky.

1. I tried it 9 years ago. A lady messaged me and spooked me. She wanted d**k pics and it turned into a you go then I go webcam thing... except when we went live she didn't show anything... she said she suffered from low self esteem and that I would find her unattractive. She said she had to go. The chat ended. I was ill for a week. Man flu. She kept blowing up my phone: "I told my mum I found a guy. She didn't think I could do it. I feel like cutting myself if you don't talk to me." I had never heard of cutting before so asked her to talk me through what she would do. She said the only way she wouldn't cut is if I took her out for dinner. Needless to say the burner had served it's purpose and I never looked back.

2. I came across this pretty young thing and we hit it off. Some tastes were similar. Otherwise I was interested because she was teaching me a thing or two about music. Her profile said she was 5ft. We agreed to meet the same day. I couldn't find her when we met. Something grabbed my hand. I looked around and then looked down to my legs and it was her. She said she could be herself with me and the reason she didn't declare her height was because she knew a guy wouldn't want a midget. I thought what the hell let's eat as we're both hungry. In the restaurant she could hardly reach over the table. The evening went okay but night was too intense. I came home that night to a two page e-mail about how I had complete her and she didn't want to be intense but she was in love with me. I was thinking I don't even know you for a minute. I said we should take it easy and she said: "I knew you were like the others!" The next day another e-mail about how I could be a good husband as it felt right to her. Her mate hosted a radio show and gave me a shout out for making his friend happy. He invited me to a stand up comedy act. I went and the comedy was poor. I left that night. She was all over some other guy that evening. The next week on Facebook I see wedding photographs and comments on how she had met him at a comedy night. It was too intense and to tell someone you love them within hours is a bit much. We parted on good terms. I told her I was happy for her and she told me that guy could have been me. In my head I was like: I don't think so!

3. Fed up with both these experiences I decided to overhaul my profile. I was blunt and clearly stated 'if you're looking for someone you want to get to know and promise not to tell me you love me after a few hours then read on...' My family is quite broken so I said I don't speak with my younger sister or father. He has been an awful father. That I am a little lost with my career but I am a live in carer part time for my grand father for now. Followed by the usual taste in music, movies and, how I spend my time... I was contacted by someone who said they felt a little lost in life too and wanted to meet someone and see where it went - that she had some family drama and could relate. Let's say I haven't put the phone down since. We met the next day, took it slow and, I respected her... by the end of the year we were engaged and married after two... my best friend, my soul mate... It's coming up to 10 years next year! Strained relationships are no longer as bad (although not perfect) but that is the power of love and she has helped me to heal in places I didn't want to face. She tells me I bring out the best in her. We have had some ups and downs as it goes but mostly ups. The only way is up. I thank the big G every day.
Appreciate 4