View Single Post
      03-14-2016, 01:36 AM   #4
gbell210
e89 fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e89 sDrive30

I just recently changed mine out for a Sears Advanced Die Hard (AGM) group 48. Paid $166, but I now see it for $155 online price. I had to buy online and pickup in store to get that price, they don't price match their own website.

What I had before was very similar to yours except it was marked with Exide instead of Varatas, which those are lead acid.
The new battery Specs are the same except it is AGM vs the sealed lead acid pictured.
Specs:
760 CCA
70Ah

The 80Ah is slightly bigger and I think a group 94R ( which is the black BMW battery pictured above)

I have not had my battery reset or car coded yet for AGM, but the other specs are identical. It solved my issue of showing the car on the lift, every time I started it, even after trickle charging the old battery. What made me lean toward the battery was not being able to listen to the radio longer than 5min with engine off, before the battery symbol displayed and the car shut off power. I can only assume it was the original battery with 5yrs on it and 46k miles.
Appreciate 0