View Single Post
      06-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #66
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
This is funny... I don't think it's the updated version, though. The Z4 doesn't get the Bang and Olufsen. I saw it in another thread as well from awhile back on someone else's car (in Germany I think?). They probably accidentally loaded the Rolls-Royce program into your iDrive I would go back to your dealer and request a flash back to the BMW version.

Unless, Spirit of Ecstasy is a secret button where a Spirit of Ecstasy comes out of the front roundel, and then turns into a machine gun ala 007.
Ikr...too funny. They finally got back to me about 10 days ago and said it has something to do with the RR infotainment system and they have NO idea how I got it. They double checked their work logs and no entries were made for that day, for any car, vis-a-vis software downloads....so pretty weird...unless I got some sort of OTA update, I suppose that's a possibility.

They offered to reflash for free obviously, BUT...I said no because whatever got installed addressed an issue I was having with my android phone. Works like a charm now (had to do with a missing bluetooth MAP protocol).

In any case, I think it makes the car sort of 'unique'....and no....the spirit of ecstasy 'lady' doesn't pop out of the hood....although that would be SWEET if it did!

Dave
p.s. you're right...it's definitely NOT the updated idrive version (4.2.2?), not even remotely close.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0