View Single Post
      03-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Gunzaro
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Speed Racer

It was a 'no-brainer' for me.

I went with ESS because it offers as much power as the JB4 and uses the exisiting ECU BMW programmed the car with...working hand to hand. Remember the JB4 isnt as advanced as the Procede V5 - something to do with controlling the timing...see e90Post.

The JB4 etc means you have to open your ECU and disconnect wires etc. This can result in damage to your ECU/pins etc. In a recent thread on e90post it was asked what mistakes or damages have you made to your car...one of the most common responses was a broken pin, connector, bolt etc from installed a piggyback like the JB3/4 or Procede. The power connector on the new JB4 is a hard one for some.

You should remove it before service. If the service dept see scratched bolts etc on the ECU cover then they could be suspicious and open it to take a quick look.

The ESS should be unistalled before service, but this is of course quicker and easier than the JB4. The JB4 has more features but I wouldnt use all of them ...the bouncing guages might impress teenages but not me at 30yo. I also have no need for a boost guage. My car is fast vs a Ferrari and thats the end of that.

Also ESS test their tune in all sorts of climates before releasing it - eg Arizona + Scandinavia. I have found it to be very reliable and very powerful. They get your personal power map back to you the same day via email.
Appreciate 0