View Single Post
      09-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Thanks for the various ideas. I completed my sun visor sticker removal today. I found it easiest to first remove the visors (25 Torx tip screws 2 plcs each visor). Next experimented with a few household solvents, paint thinner, (mineral spirits) and lacquer thinner on the passenger visor. Lacquer thinner is the quickest way and no harm way to go. Wet a cloth with lacquer thinner and then lightly rub the cloth on the sticker. It will soak through and begin to break the sticker down and loosen up the adhesive below. Next wet the cloth again and rub the sticker it will easily remove with light rubbing pressure, gone in less than 2 minutes time. Next wet a tooth brush with the lacquer thinner and gently brush any remaining adhesive from the visor grain. Again wet the cloth and gently wipe down the visor to remove any residual sticker adhesive. I then wiped off the visor with Zaino leather cleaner and leather conditioner (even thought the visors are not leather) to give them that good clean look & smell. No stickers no remnants. Reinstall the visors with 25 Torx tip screws. Complete in 30 minutes.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0