View Single Post
      11-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #135
jhentr
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Bought a used 2011 35i with 24k on it. Just after 3 days, I notice the high pitch noise sitting in the passenger seat right behind my right ear.

Yesterday, just had mines replaced at BMW of Riverside and the noise is non-existant. Hope the high pitch nosiy LPFP issue will be a thing of the past (cross fingers) - otherwise, I'll update this thread.

Didn't matter if the fuel tank was full, med, low, the noise was there from start of the car to the shutdown of the car. Noticeable from driver's seat, but very noticeable sitting in passenger seat. Tried different gas too (Shell, Mobil, 76).

The dealer didn't make any fuss about it changing it. Took them a week to order the part and a 1.5 days to install.

I ran the car empty before dropping it off for them, but the said that wasn't neccessary and if they drained out fuel, they would of re-added it back in. But the SA did say that giving them an empty fuel car makes it a lot easier.

Since the wife drives it, she always pumps once it's 3/4 low so hope that will also help going forward.
Appreciate 0