View Single Post
      10-31-2020, 09:13 AM   #4
michaelalex3
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E61 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboner View Post
I cannot speak to LCI improvements, but if you want a 35i with manual trans, black interior, red interior, there's a guy in NC considering selling his...

I'd jump at the chance if I were you, but I may be a bit biased towards that exact car.
That does sound promising, if he's seriously considering selling it I'd definitely be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhoag View Post
The issue with an LCI 35i 6speed is that you're confined to a single model year, 2014. So it's a challenge from the start.

Add in M sport package and the number falls. Add in iDrive/technology, upgraded speakers, cold weather, etc... you're looking for a needle in a haystack. Then... was one even made in the color combo you want? Who knows. They're out there... but you have to be extremely patient depending on exactly what you're looking for.

I think the headlights and side turn signals are a nice look and help the car look more current against newer models.

What was the change with the taillights? I've heard there was one, but could never appreciate a difference.

Roof was reportedly enhanced before the LCI, I think in March 2012? But, a top guru on this forum has insisted on a number of occasions that there is no significant difference before and after the upgrade.

I'm not really aware of any other improvements that came with the LCI. I know the dash surrounding the iDrive screen and air vents went from a matte surface to a glossy surface. Maybe that's important to some people?

You can always find exactly what you want in a Pre-LCI car and retrofit the headlights and turn signal markers, if you feel compelled to.
Gotcha, I didn't realize they stopped producing the manual after 2014. That makes the decision pretty easy for me then, LCI isn't a priority. Thanks!
Appreciate 0