teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichui View Post
Hi guys,

I've experienced this twice this week already.

What happens is, while stopping at a traffic light, the car engine suddenly shut itself down (I have a 30i with auto transmission) while I was on my brake and in gear (D or M/S mode)

When the car engine was off, the engine fault light lights up and remains on.

When I try to start the car again the car starts fine and there is no warning or anything (checked my Idrive vehicle information and its not showing anything.)

I actually recently took my car to carry out some warranty work, and mentioned that particular issue to them, and they didn't really say anything or check anything it seems.

I have been overseas recently so haven't driven my car much (currently only done 600Kms). Anyone here have any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thanks.

Regards,
Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichui View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. The engine light only came on when the car engine was switched off, but the light doesn't stay on after I switch the car back on. Therefore the light isn't on anymore.

I guess I will have to have it happen once more before I will bring it back again. Thanks guys.

Regards,
Eric
When you restart the engine does it start right away or does it crank for a while then start?

Does it idle OK once you start it or does it run kind of rough? Do you have to race the engine a little bit to make it run right?

Once you got it started and begin to drive again in gear, does it hesitate at all or does it take off smoothly?

How long does it take while idling at the light for it stall out?
Appreciate 0