View Single Post
      04-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
So what's your prediction for chalked run-flats inflated to factory-specified pressures? Shouldn't this be the baseline, control, default setup? Yet has anyone done it? Crickets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Good question, I'd like to know too since I dunno too much about PSIs. Generally what does more pressure do? How about less? I'm still running 36/42 f/r w/ my Michelin PSS.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. .......The gods honest truth is it's not that simple
J. Buffett - Fruitcakes. It's a Latin phrase or if you're a good Catholic you should understand.

Sorry for not providing you with the all the easy answers. Really guys! Get off your keisters, that's old guy talk for buttocks, and keyboards tomorrow. Get out and experiment. In racing circles (well road courses and even in a straight line) it is common to change the tire pressure by 0.5-10 psi from tire corner to corner to alter the handling characteristics of the vehicle be it a car, cycle, or truck. Your size, weight, how much load (stuff) you cart around, your driving style or purpose for the day. I gave you my numbers. My PSS's were too stiff when chalked at 36/42 for my style, as in high in the center.

Car manufacturer's and their legal departments are conservative for the most part. They are not going to publish or recommend tire pressures which achieve the best handling, at the risk of another Exploder incident. Because lazy people rarely check their tire pressures, especially now with the TPMS systems. Doah - Tire pressure must be OK - I don't have a warning message. Heck I get "On Star" messages in CA from my Yukon, now with my daughter in CO - so I can remind her to air up the tires as the cold weather closes in.

Enough said.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0