04-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #7
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice03 View Post
not so sure..
i do have the intermediate premium package with 11 speakers and find it good for the extra monnies needed (in coup e92 and series 1). would not go for the premium pro package .. However; i opted for it in the z4 for 2 reasons:
price differential from intermediate to pro is little; but more important, not sure that 11 speaker system provides rear sound, and if it does, nede to be sure that rear speakers are powerful as usually located behind seats ! surround feature in such a cramped cabin is important. I dont know if the additional speakers are rear located, but if there are, can be worth going for pro system. used to have Harman Kardon system in merco slk; and no sound was coming from rear ! very disapointing. does someone have the chart depicting speaker location in the cabin ?? thanks

PS: for USB yer you can , even with stock system, just need to opt for professional radio upgrade

I have seen the 11 speaker system in Geneva. I believe it does provide enough sound from the rear.

The HiFi system is 1000 € where the HiFi Professional is 1600 €. That is (in essence) 600 € more for 3 additional speakers. I don't say it is not worth it (taking that it ups the power from 250 Watt to 650 Watt and adds surround sound) but it is not a small price difference in my opinion.

Regarding the speaker system:

Basic system (6 speakers) has
two speakers at A pillar (do you call it like that internationally?)
two spearkers in the doors
two speakers in the corner behind the seats (at shoulder level)

HiFi system (11 speakers) has 5 additional speakers (250 Watt power and car specific equalizing):
two bass speakers directly behind the seats
two speakers at the rear view mirrors
1 center speaker on the dash (i guess behind the navigation system)

HiFi professional brings 3 additional speakers (650 Watt and surround sound):
1 additional speaker at the same location like the center speaker of the normal HiFi package
2 speakers in the back (centered above the throug loading)

Sorry for not specifying the exact speaker types - don't know the English words.

I think 11 speakers will be more than enough

PS: I trust you are referring to Europe regarding the USB - this is clear. The question was can you order the USB in the US without going for the sound package.

PPS: Sorry. I mixed up the currencies. Figures above are CHF and NOT Euro!

Last edited by aheinz_71; 04-20-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0