View Single Post
      04-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
viciouz
M4 JAY
Rep
Drives: '96 E36 m3, '15 F82 m4

Diminished Value Claim

Hi Guys,

As some of you know from my previous thread, I was involved in an auto accident as witnessed by my Dash Cam. My car was sitting pretty in front of random person's house and that person backed out his driveway and hit my car with his truck.

So being that its a 2015 vehicle and only 4 months old. I am filing a Diminished Value Claim in the State of California against Geico. Geico said this was reasonable but I have to prove the diminished value on the car. I asked if they could have an appraiser just negotiate a number with me, which they replied, no they need "proof" of some sort.

Upon further discussion, this "proof' is nothing specific.

The damages to my car were the front bumper, left headlamp, and a few miscellaneous radiator parts (nothing mechanical really). The final damage was 5100 dollars after it was said and done.

So my question is, because my car now has a DIRTY (1 incident) CarFax and I am filing a DIMINISHED VALUE CLAIM, what would be the estimated value of the car now compared to one that doesn't have an accident. How much should I ask for? How would you go about obtaining "proof?"

Thanks Guys.
Appreciate 0