Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
My take on the biggest changes are:
-- 2014 got new side marker lights and different headlights
-- color combos changed throughout the years
-- 2012+ with DCT got the "right for upshift, left for downshift" paddles
-- 9/2010 (?? not quite sure if this is the right date??) production cars had different TPMS sensors from the newer ones

Not 100% sure what your carfax means. My speculation is that is was a press fleet / demo car. Proceed with caution in any case. Car is almost certainly hammered on hard if it wasn't owned by the same individual for several years.
9/10 is the correct date. 9/10 and after production cars uses the current up-to-date TPMS (Part # 36106790054) and prior to 9/10 build date, Part # 36236781847.

In regards to the Carfax, being a Manufacture vehicle means it was never titled (prior to it being sold as CPO) and was owned by BMW NA. As Nick touched on, this mean the vehicle could have been one of the following: Press vehicle, Exec vehicle of a BMW NA employee (not dealer employee), Demo car, advertisement cars (at malls or BMW sponsored events), or BMW Performance Driving car. Giving it's high mileage (9,000 at time of auction) I would say it was most likely an Exec car or a BMW Performance car. BMW Performance car may be ruled out if there isn't a driving school in or near Ohio.

On 8/11, a BMW dealer (Des Moines BMW) bought the car from BMW NA at an auction, CPO'ed it themselves, and offered it for sale. This also means (if I am not mistaken) the car DOES have a title, which is in Des Moines BMW's name. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this though.

Edit: It's interesting... I just looked at the ad again, and it's offered by a KIA dealer?
So IMO here's the history of the vehicle.
It was first a BMW NA vehicle as an Exec vehicle to an employee. It was then sold at an auction at 9,000 miles.
Des Moines BMW bought it and CPO'ed it. After it was CPO'ed, someone from Olathe Kia bought it (most likely someone high up - owner, manager?) thinking they can make a quick buck off of it. While they were offering it for sale, they were also driving the vehicle, which explains the mileage. I've actually seen this happen, where the owner/manager of a dealership drives a vehicle they have for sale while it is for sale, and constantly updating the mile as he racks it up.

Last edited by CedarZ4; 06-02-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0