04-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #92
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
5 years old? It was a 2010...3 years old...well, since they usually start selling the year before their model number, I guess it could be 4 years old. Could my parents have bought me a 2014 Sdrive35is? Absolutely. Would they? Not after my sister totaled her brand new IS350 within 6 months. She didn't end hp spoiled and unable to fend for herself. She went to a reputable 6 year Med program and is currently in residency. She would argue that having nice things has motivated her to KEEP ON GOING in order to be able to provide the same nice things for her kids. Whatever, anyway, the point is that everyone usually gets a reward for doing something that their parents ask of them. That reward is always within the parents means. (Not always , but usually.) My dad had the cash, I did what was asked of me and they got me the car. Plain and simple. Yeah, they could have made me get a job to try to make the payments, but why pay interest? (The car was bought on cash) And yeah, I suppose one could argue that I shouldn't get anything for graduation because im SUPPOSED to graduate. I also have never had a grade below A in high school, I'm graduating with a projected 4.3 GPA. (Actually, I got a C Junior year. Whatever, it was Ceramics, unimportant haha) My parents aren't paying a cent for my college. So why not? Should I reward myself for all the hard work by driving a junker? Should I ignore the fact that I was never allowed to really participate in the social aspect of high school? Did anyone here go to their Prom? Yeah, I didn't. I wasn't allowed. I feel like the car was a good trade-off for every experience I have not been allowed to have. Say what you need to say, but that's my opinion. Yeah, I complained a little about the power. So? It's not like I marched up to my parents and told them that I hate the car. No, I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think of the power in your respective vehicles. Should I have mentioned how I got the car? I think not. But should it matter? At the end of the day, were all here because we want to be apart of a community of individuals who share a similar passion. I have to say, I'm "a little disappointed" in this community. Have a great day, guys. Sorry if I offended.
This episode of, When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

Oh how I wish I was 18 again. Oh the stupid things I said in the past, the things I thought I knew, oh how those views have changed so much over the years. A rich little sheltered kid thinks he knows it all, he must be special.

So btw how do you plan to pay for med school on your own as you mentioned? You really think working hard in high school really makes you deserve anything? Not being able to attend any social aspect of high school is your own choice, could possible be your attitude that made it easier. Im sure a lot of people here didn't attend their prom, I sure didn't simply because I dropped out of high school to get a job so I could eat. But if you're bitching about prom then you got much bigger problems ahead of you in life. I guess this is what they call "internet bullying" nowadays.