View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #40
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Sales are down because the Z has been going up market in price... Yet, the "chick car" status has stuck. Not to mention, it's really hard to justify a Z4 when it can easily reach the price of a 6, which is significantly more family oriented. And I would imagine people who can afford such a vehicle is more likely to be family oriented than not. Not to mention... while I love my Z and I think it definitely is more eye-catching than any Porsche can be (maybe not the GT3 or the Turbo S in orange or Speed Yellow...) but with a sticker of 70k (not even for the iS) you can easily jump into a Cayman or Boxster S which is a lot more car for the price than the Z. Or, if you are into more luxury cruising, almost a base 911. We all made our choices (including myself) to get the Z, and I am glad it's so exclusive. However, on a marketing/business standpoint, just cause it has 1/2 the looks of an exotic supercar doesn't mean it should have 1/2 the price of one, especially since the performance doesn't back it up. Don't get me wrong, the car is fast and handles pretty well for a hardtop convertible, but for the price point...
Appreciate 0