07-12-2019, 06:11 PM   #100
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiZ4 View Post
To be honest, this last reply is nonsense!
What is "better" regarding the above quality discussion? Any fundanentals from you as well?

The "rumours" are discussing about a better quality with the FL: There is none! I"ve already repaired the wires of a facelift model.

There was only a software feature activation in 2012 by BMW.
Each even elder Z4 is able to open the roof while moving if an additional roof modul got mounted (XCarStyle,...).
Jesus, why are you having a rage out? I've asked and apparently it's not just a simple software upgrade or else I would've jumped all over it. They supposedly made the structure hardier, hence why they can operate at some speed vs older ones that can only operate basically at a standstill.

EDIT:
Since you decided to dig up my post from 5 years ago, the whole discussion was trying to figure out what happened to that guy's car and the presumption that the newer roof is hardier since it can operate at higher speeds; we're wondering if he overridden w the old mechanism and caused unintentional damage by operating while moving. I can't be bothered to find the post(s) but I asked other members and apparently it's not just a simple software upgrade and something structural.

I'll be glad to be wrong and you can pt me in the right direction. I'm sceptical or else they would've offered it and make more money off of us.

Last edited by tranquility; 07-12-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0