01-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
army_men
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 35i

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4 35i  [10.00]
Keeping the Zed. Adding a C63 AMG

It's been 3 years since I owned my lovely Z4. I love it to bits. It is my first sports car in my life. It all started when I saw a black E85 Z4 in a parking lot many years ago, when I was still in college. 3 years later, I walked into a dealership and drove away in a AW, on CR Z4 35i. I could not comment on how extremely excited I was. It was a huge milestone in my life and I've finally gotten what I worked so hard for.

Fast forward another 3 years and my zed is full bolt-on. customized interior and finally sitting safely in my own garage. This car has been through A LOT with me, I daily drive it to work and back. I took it to TMP track days, Mosport track days, and it even followed me to Vancouver for a year of civilized city cruising. I personally wax and claybar the car myself in the summer, and put snow tires on and slide around in the winter. The Zed has spent so much time with me, I just can't let it go.

Time comes that I will need more than two seats. Not a huge budget so I’m looking at pre-owned E550. I obviously care about performance, I care about the engine, so the idea of a C63 keeps interrupting my search for a comfortable 4 seater. I think the C63 will eventually bring me so much more joy than the E class, I might as well put the hammer down and get it. It really is an easier decision once I spent a slow morning listening to the exhaust notes on youtube.

I think it has to happen guys. I’m going for it.