02-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #17
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
hey! thanks for the tip on the DPs. I did not realize the DPs would help the temps.

Since we last spoke, it has taken huge willpower not to break down completely and take the car to full bolt ons + RB turbo swap... My older brother pick up his E63 wagon and that power level has me drooling
You'd love it, my friend. Downpipes might be a bigger concern to your dealer, but at the same time it's the type of thing they would never find unless you had a catastrophic engine failure (in which case, you could remove the DPs before taking the car in for a new engine).

An FMIC would be a bit easier to detect, but is also harmless. I would love to see BMW NA try to pin any engine trouble on a FMIC.

As I said, I've had warranty work (not engine, mind you) done on the M3 with a full exhaust at Encinitas and they didn't bat an eye. The crazy thing is that unlike the N54 where the downpipes are buried in the engine bay, all the cats on the M3 are in plain sight underneath the car. You can tell with one look that I've removed the primary cats (effectively the cats in our downpipes).
Appreciate 0