View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
It has better air flow from the kidneys, too. In the oil cooler thread we had going before, someone (was it you, Nick?) mentioned dropping in the radiator fan from the 335is or 1M, which should be PnP for our cars (at least on the N54). That would help on an N54 car.

Nick, I bet you would see oil temps drop a lot if you threw some catless downpipes on there. I know you're reluctant to do invasive bolt-ons due to warranty issues and understand your concern, but I'm just mentioning this as a theoretical matter. I saw oil temps drop on my Mini with the N18 when I put a downpipe on there.
hey! thanks for the tip on the DPs. I did not realize the DPs would help the temps.

Since we last spoke, it has taken huge willpower not to break down completely and take the car to full bolt ons + RB turbo swap... My older brother pick up his E63 wagon and that power level has me drooling

Yes, I did speculate the 335is/1M 850W cooling fan was would be plug and pay. Others have done the swap in E90 world but I haven't seen it for our E89

wmandra, yes the JB4 for N54 has that max cool mode too. do you know if that functionality is available for the Cobb Accessport? It seems like the N20 cooling system does a better job of managing engine temperatures. I hammered on a F30 328 xdrive for 30 minute sessions at a short track (toronto motorsports park) and didn't get any oil temp increase either.
Appreciate 0