Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

In-tank LPFP noises

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbell View Post
Sadly my whine is back. I live with it now as it now only seems to happen when the fuel tank is almost full - which the way I drive isn't for very long.

It seems even with entire new fuel tank/pump/lines etc BMW still can't get this design right.

David
Been following this for some time, as I have the same problem.
So you had just 6 months of the new tank, pump, etc., etc., before the noise returned!

After my car had done 10,000 miles (4 weeks ago) it had it's 1st Service and in order to redress this noise it had a complete software reflash (?) or update, whatever the techno-jargon is.

Took them hours to do (well 2 days actually). The pump noise was definitely quieter, but has now increased in volume over the past 3 weeks.
It varies in intensity/frequency/annoyance level. But the thought of disrupting the suspension to resolve this is rather staggering.
I mean, what clot (or "clotess" even) designs a car that requires the rear suspension to be removed to install a fuel tank? Caramba....

One thing I DID notice was that after the software update, the car felt like it had been super-tuned....seems much, much faster/more responsive than before............

Think I'll hang on a little longer to see how the noise develops..........
Appreciate 0