Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickshifter69 View Post
Hope I don't get flamed for this, I'm curious to see how many of you have gone from an E9X M3 to E89 Z4 and if any regrets?
It was an e46 to the e85 then to a e89 ... Here is the story;

I purchased a e85 z4 30is made in 2008 after I came back from Die Welt May 2009 when they rolled out the new sDrive Z4's I just fell in love with the car just was not prepared to put out that much cash for a 2009 at the time. I kept my e46 M3 build in 2002 as well as our DD a Jag X-Type at the time.

All went well with the three cars until the wife kept complaining about the traffic jam in the drive way. So I sold the e46 M3 (still regret that today).

Anyway I traded the e85 plus some of the cash I got for the e46 for a slightly used 2009 e89 Z4 ... Loved both the Z4 cars, with the e89 I went all the way from eastern Canada to California did the Route 66 trip and loved it.

Eventually it brought me back to the ///M3 ... If they come out with a Z4///M car I may just switch back to the 2 seater a Roadster or a Coupe no matter. Would be nice if the ///M Division Designers and Engineers come out with a two roof design (soft and hardtop) that be great, they can sell a storage option for the hardtop (like a stand or a rigging that mounts on the garage ceiling) that would be cool.

The ///M3 as you know is an all around fun car as yo well know, a Z4 has such great lines I have to say I do miss the e89 and might just get another down the line (perhaps hide it form my wife in California and pretend it to be my mistress heheh - at least the wife cannot complain about traffic jams in our driveway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
I'm putting my e89 for lease transfer to get into e92 M.
Will they penalize you at BMW for early return of the e89? Just wondering here.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0