View Single Post
      03-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
alan64
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2012 View Post
"Power climbs from 302 to 335hp at 5900rpm, and torque jumps from 295 to 332lb-ft at just 1500rpm." - Wrong, stock is 332hp/311tq

"At 3.362lbs, the Z4 sDrive35iS is still no lightweight, but with a power-to-weight ratio of 220hp per ton it's surprisingly quick in the right conditions." - Wrong, with driver is 3,615

"Channeling the engine's added reserves back to the rear wheels is BMW's 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. It's a little hesitant around town" - Wrong, it's smoother than auto tranny

"For added entertainment and a smoother transition when closing down hard into corners, the new gearbox also introduces a hearty blip of the throttle on downchanges." - Wrong, the current Z has a hearty blip already on downshifts

"The sDrive35iS sits 10mm lower than other Z4 models and gets beefed-up anti-roll bars with firmer springs and noticeably stiffer electronically controlled dampers." - Wrong, with the sport package you already have 10mm lower and beefed up anti roll bars with firmer springs and stiffer ddc.
its I think a classic example of going over the top on the "latest, greatest". To be honest, I dont think it looks much better, and I like the original wheels either the multi spokes or the 19's. From what I understand you can add a chip to get the few extra horsepower if you really wanted it, and its a ton more money. So it really doesnt add up in my book.
Appreciate 0