View Single Post
      01-29-2024, 04:24 PM   #9
B21
Captain
Rep
Drives: E89 Atacama Yellow 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
Saw your video on youtube where the lower part of the dash and rear of the interior were taken apart and thought that that was crazy... now this is next level! I wish you lots of strength and endurance to see it through...

I personally dont get these digital screens.. its not like adding Carplay to idrive... with that you get additional functionality... but these digital clusters dont really offer anything new apart from different looks... And theres a possibility that they are actually worse to read,for example, top down in the sun...
Also i think analog dial clusters are going to age just fine... at the moment even the cheapest new economy car has a digital screen as a cluster in it... so it isnt anything special... and in 5 years even the used car market would be full of cars with digital screens in them, and everybody wil have to live with them...

Its like watches... a digital display sportswatch(some casio) vs a mechanical one with self winding and a nice dial with smoothly moving hands indicating time... even though a digital watch is more precise than the mechanical one...mechanical watches are appreciated much more...

Im sure analog clusters will be alot more appreciated once they are almost fully gone from the general car market... well atleast the nicer ones...

So taking the way i feel or think about these clusters into account... its even more mindboggling to me what you are going through to get this thing to fit.
It was a split decision for the reasons you highlighted …frankly with what I now know I wish I did not purchase the unit..but….

I’ll persevere….we will see how the sunlight issue works out..I think given the guys and their design I think that aspect will work..

What’s cute / clever on this is that some of the renditions just look like pure analog dials …albeit with additional digital data..the designers have done a lot of work on the design, unlike the Chinese versions..

I’m pregnant now so I’ll try and complete it…

Stay tuned !
Appreciate 0