View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
chiu7526
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4

Please Help - Asap

Hi Guys,

I need help, I am moving from Seattle to LA today and my first stop is Redding.

The car was running fine first 5 hours this morning from Seattle and right passed Portland at middle of nowhere while getting gas my engine light went on and then the car starts acting really scary. The car starts but it stalls right after the rmp drops but that only happened once right after the engine light went on. Other times it feels like the engine is going to stall at low rpm. Since I had no choice (the closest dealer is 120+ miles away) I had to keep on going. The car runs really weird and when I accelerate the car shakes and vibrates like crazy especially if I am going uphill but if I keep the RMP over 3k or down hill the car will run ok. By the way the engine or transmission were making weird noise too. Glad I just made to Redding, CA (most painful 6 hours drive after the engine light went on). Called BMW assist to arrange a pickup tomorrow morning to the closest BMW Dealer (70 miles away from here)

Should I try to make it to LA tomorrow (another 600 miles? or have the BMW tow my car to the closest Dealer?)

Since I drove another 6 hours after the engine light went on. Is there anything I may fucked up?
Anyone know if is the HPFP issue from what I describe?

Thanks

Last edited by chiu7526; 08-10-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0