Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post

You can flash a 335i with 335is ROM and it will get overboost.

It's just not something you really want. It's a bit like Turbo mode on intel processors. Just disable it and clock the processor up to it's stable max.

I doubt the Godzilla flash that BuraQ is producing uses overboost at all. All wedge was saying is that they can now manipulate overboost parameters.
Just some clarification here on the Overboost feature.

Overboost has a timer which is said to be 7 seconds. Its a period of time that the "Overboost" table is active adding more Load to produce more boost. Here is what the stock overboost table on the IS looks like:

Here is the Load Target table also from the IS:

Now that this is out of the way lets take a look at the "non" N54B30TO tables ie Non 1M, 335is, Z435is

As you can see they have completely different values. The N54B30 overboost table is null, the table is useless, it doesnt work on other than the 1M, 335is, and the Z435is ie the N54B30TO cars

Using a custom map that was "originally" tuned for a N54B30 yes will work on a N54B30TO car, but the Overboost table is "disabled" so no overboost, and also borrowed PID's that do not work "optimal" with the N54B30TO. If the tuner was to activated the table with the current N54B30 calibrations their will be instability in the system. They would have to recalibrate PIDs and load target in which many are not going to do.

The 7 second activation is not subjected to a WOT session it is subjected to an over the base target "instance" which means I can hit overboost multiple times through out all gears and the time will reset when actual load falls below Load target (base)

As you can see we can dictate what gears to apply different amount of "added" load which will give and increase or decrease amount of boost.

This table is indeed active on our godzilla map but we use it in a different way for demanding and controlling boost.

Eventhough the N54B30 and the N54B30TO share the same engine, the software and DME version is what sets them remotely apart with two different animal characteristics.
The point i'm trying to get across is that overboost isn't allowing the car to target higher load. It's just reeling the cars load targets in after 7 seconds.

If more power was able to be extracted from the is ROM then people would flash their cars with the _IS version of their ROM then begin tuning that.
Appreciate 0