View Single Post
      04-21-2023, 01:04 PM   #15
MRCW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
The cluster from ID4Motion also requires you to cut chunks out of the inner dash, and that one costs even more (with add-on mods), and to my knowledge a bit more than this one.
I've spoken to them and they told me there may be a version with cut corners (screen) coming for retail version, but I can't confirm that at the moment. I know that some of the versions for the E9x platform do have the cut corners, so hopefully this won't be an issue in the future.
Saying that, and I wasn't impressed to have to cut the two small sections out, they are only small and bear no importance or visual impact. Everything was as sturdy afterwards as it was before (and yes I did actually check that for myself).

Like every mod I do and show either on the forums or via my YouTube channel, it's all down to personal choice, in what you want, what you like and what you can afford, and also of what your abilities are, with that I try to give as much info as I can to show you how something fits. If you then decide to fit something then fine, if not then fine

Like I say, I will be giving my personal opinion on how it works and integrates with the car, and so far I've found one issue with it, but I'll leave that for the video
Hi Dave you mentioned a video on cheap rear cam emulator from aliexpress you were working on in lieu of the mmi.. any update you can add to that or a link / writeup for that?
Appreciate 0