01-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
The HP figures are actually the same for the Dinan stage II on the 35i and 35is according to their website....except that the oil cooler isnt required as all 35is cars come with one and some 35i cars did not earlier on. http://www.dinancars.com/shop/index....ive35is#page=1

What im interested in now is the new COBB tuning flash at home software for a fraction of the price Dinan want!!
Do you get a warranty?

Quote:
And as always, Dinan matches the new car warranty coverage for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles, including the possibility of consequential damages. No one offers better performance or backs it up with such comprehensive warranty coverage.
And, BTW there is a difference in Dinan's published performance figures for the 35i and 35is Dinan Stage II tune:

35i Dinan Stage II Tune <-- click link

384 horsepower
421 lb-ft torque

35is Dinan Stage II Tune <-- click link

378 Horsepower
415 lb-ft Torque

Quote:
The "is" models use the N54 engine along with many other BMWs including some 135i, 335i and Z4 models. BMW added the extra horsepower and "over-boost" to the "is" models by adjusting the software in the engine management computer (DME) and Dinan adds its power the same way. Being that the N54 engines are all the same, the power output will also be the same for each of the Dinan Performance Software stages if it's an "is" model or not. However Dinan's Performance Software gives the "is" more reliable power and not just in 7 second increments but as long as you keep your foot down.
I don't see why there would be any difference but I didn't publish the numbers.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Last edited by teagueAMX; 01-11-2011 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0