12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #37
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk View Post
My guess is that china has unreliable street, just like most part of Asia. Street hazard everywhere.
China has great toll roads and a fascinating motorway system! I recently drove to Shanghai, a 9 hours trip, and it was very comfortable. It was the same story when I went back from Chengdu, a 2 day trip.

On the other hand, China also has some of the worst streets in the world, and we occasionally hear of bridges collapsing and what not...

However, the main reason I do not want non-RFTs is safety. I imagine getting a flat while changing lanes at 120kmh could turn out slightly better with RFTs compared to non-RFTs. Also, I do not want to be stuck in the middle of a huge traffic jam with a flat tire. China get these huge traffic jams and people use all legal and illegal lanes to push forward. It could take hours for the assistance to arrive. Even fire trucks get stuck because people just dont care to let them pass.

Anyway, there are just so many places and situations where I would be much better off with rfts. And in China you just need to be prepared for the worst...
Appreciate 0