12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #29
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
1. I added A stubby antenna. I painted it to match the car (Orion Silver) just need a little sand paper, air compressor with paint sprayer and touchup paint. Took me all of about 30 minutes to paint and 10 seconds to put it on.

2. I made a wind deflector and clips out of hardware supplies i picked up at Lowes for like $30.00 to $50.00.

3. Stupid I know but i really like what seemed to be a glow behind the lights of the i8 concept car so i added a strip of LED’s behind the grills that illuminates the area red. I currently have it set to come on with the regular lights but i think i might change it to come on with the halos. If i do that i want to fnd halo replacements that glow red too. That would totally be cool to me.

4. I like the stock wheels believe it or not just hate the color so we are going to paint them soon to maybe a gunmetal gray or dark gray with red flake in it (almost like a pearl but flakes).

5. Upgraded the ECS software (dealer stock) because the vehicle would die at a red light when downshifting and the engine temp was cold.

6. Almost forgot, hard wired radar detector and mounted it just under the rear view mirror. I will try to add photos later if i get time.
I'm interested in seeing some pics of your mods.

Also, are you running a HVLP paint spray gun or air brush? I'm about to pick up a 1HP 2.35 CFM air compressor, which is not enough CFM to run a paint spray gun but more than plenty for an air brush. I mainly just want to be able to do a better job at minor touch ups.

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT

Last edited by InsanePineapple; 12-10-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0