View Single Post
      11-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #7
ErnestY
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

i bought a trim removal kit from harbor freight for about $5. plastic pry bars to prevent damaging the surrounding panels.

the only easy trim panel is the center column, gear shift selector. working the pry bars around the trim, it will pop right off. you will have to pop off the leather boot and remove it. disconnect the wire connectors, and then the trim will come out.

the door trim panels have the aft ends with little posts that are "melted" on the inner side of the panel to secure it. i had to pry hard enough to break the melted ends off. the front half of the trim is clipped and and pops off easy. you will have to comfortable with just 3m double back taping the aft ends back in place after wrapping.

the light selector trim and center "a/c control panel" trim are also melted into the leather panel with plastic posts. these are bigger round posts that were easy to drill off the melted ends. after wrapping, i epoxied the trim onto the panel at the drilled end locations. btw, the light selector panel pops right off, but the a/c panel. has multiple screw attachments below the trim with clips on top. you have to remove the radio to access the lower screws. there is a post in the forums that shows where the screw are. i will try to find it again and post the link.

sorry no pics, i wasn't thinks of posting my results originally, but after all that work and how nice it came out i thought it would be good enough to show. let me know if i can elaborate any steps more clearly for you.