09-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #11
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
With just street driving I think the Z would benefit greatly from a stiffer rear sway bar. It just needs a little more to get it to rotate through the turns. I will enjoy getting to know the Z and sorting things out to my liking. It won't take much to make this an incredible all around car.
A set of swaybars by H&R is what you want! The front one is 27mm (original 26,5mm) and the rear one is 21mm (original 19mm) and adjustable in 3 positions. So, this comes down to what you say that the rear needs to be a bit stiffer. Everybody who has the set on the car is enthousiastic about it, it seems to feel less heavy on the nose and makes it rotate easier. Now most of them (if not all) have a lowered suspension either by H&R, Schnitzer or Eibach. Some of them have the setup with the M-adaptive shocks and this seems to work well also.

My car has the M-adaptive suspension and next week I'll have a new set of H&R springs to lower the car by 2cm (front and rear). I mainly do this for cosmetic reasons but I suspect that it will also have an positive impact on the handling of the car. Let's see how this comes out and most probably I'll go for the swaybars in the near future.

Gtrzzzz
Appreciate 0