View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 03:40 AM   #79
B21
Captain
Rep
Drives: E89 Atacama Yellow 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittu View Post
Dave raises a valid point about purchasing from Aliexpress.
You might score a cracking deal like me, but factor in it only comes with a 3 month warranty, and you'll be on here looking for future software updates. I'm ok with with the compromise.
Can't have your cake and eat it too!

Having said that, this cluster doesn't even come close to the id4motion.
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the quality of the themes (software is up to date).
Once you see videos of the id4motion, the graphics on this unit feel craptastic.
You notice all the poor design choices and lack of effort as soon as its switched on.
Themes, animation/transitions, attention to detail, layout, features, graphics, menu, smoothness, etc. are miles behind the id4.

I just wish this had 1 or 2 nicely polished themes.
The more you stare at it, the more you notice all the things that are slightly off.
There's no question which is superior... but the ID4 does cost a lot more.

ID4motion themes are top tier and super polished.
I just hope in the next software update, the makers spend some time on design and graphics.
If they cant do a decent job, at least copy the competition or OEM (to a good standard).

If you're looking to spend less than 500, get this one.
But if you're budget stretches to 700, without a shadow of doubt buy the id4motion!
Well having gone through the pain of the E89 specific issues of the ID4Motion cluster I have to say I’m very very pleased at the look, feel and capability of the unit..it’s IMHO so much classier than the Chinese alternative…there are issues with it but ongoing suport is good and updates come out at a pace..

Appreciate 1
mittu30.50