07-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #38
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
My symptoms are same as yours. Just mine came back as soon as I drove it home after the low pressure pump replacement last Friday. It was interesting that my SA mentioned if I ever heard it again they would order new hose and replace it. I am wondering if that means they heard the noise come back after the replacement. My gas tank was little below half. Like you said, I only hear at idle to low speeds. They want me to bring back this Saturday. Not sure if I should check another dealership. This is frustrating because I was looking forward to autocross it this weekend. I still may and let others hear the noise.
They probably did hear the noise after replacing the pump. I don't know if they replaced any hose at the time they replaced the pump, but it was perfect when I drove it home after they serviced it and five weeks later, it is still perfect. I have to say that the dealership that I bring my car to is very good. I have never had an issue with the service I received on any of my cars in the twelve years that I have been driving BMW's.

I would still go to the autocross. Like you said, it won't hurt the car, it is just so damn annoying. Good luck!
E36 - 1998 Z3 2.8 (Red, black leather, wood trim)

Last edited by Roadstergal; 07-13-2010 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0