View Single Post
      04-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #31
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW4 View Post
Well, there are some guys paying >10.000 USD to get those upgrades by buying the 35iS, so why would BMW do it on an 35i?

I also belive some dealers are willing to do it. But i still don't belive BMW AG would support it.

Dinan only have shops in US and GB.
Everyone likes to quote that price difference but it's not entirely correct. The STD options on the "s" help to offset the difference, depending on how you config of course. I was looking at the 35i but after you add DCT, Msport and an upgrade in wheels the difference between the 35i and the "s" is more like 5K. Throw in an ED discount and it's even less than that.

With the 35i I was already starting to look at tuning programs. But then you run into warranty issues with BMW which was something I didn't want to mess with even though the better ones state that they are undetectable. I'd end up spending more than what the "iS" will give me as standard under full factory warranty... something doesn't work, it's not my problem.

For the moment the "iS" is the top of the range in the Z and though I still think there will be a true M, but I do know that I won't be able to afford it. So when my CA informed me that I could acquire the "iS" for less than 5K more.. it was a no brainer for me.
Appreciate 0