View Single Post
      02-02-2019, 06:00 AM   #43
Go351
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhoag View Post
Hey.. sorry the wire running has been such a hassle. It's been so long since I did mine, its hard to remember exactly what I did. But, the holes through the metal were at the midline. As I'm thinking about it, I think there may have been two holes through metal. I'm pretty sure I drilled my hole through the plastic bumper above the license plate and then poked a clothes hanger through that hole aimed upward and then looked down through the metal holes from above at the tip of the hanger and just moved it around until I managed to get it to poke through the first metal hole and then worked it through the second.

I know that's probably not the easiest to follow and I apologize that I'm trying to remember exactly how a project went that I did months ago.

But, I did not remove the bumper. That would be way more of a hassle that I'd want to deal with.

I honestly don't use iMessage/text in CarPlay. But, I do know that CarPlay in any car doesn't show you the actual message. Siri reads it to you and asks if you want to reply. Not sure if that is what you're asking..

I have not had issues with blinking. I'm sure you're right about the dip switches. I just left mine as they were when delivered and it worked correctly. But I'm sure if you contact UniChip support and tell them you have a Z4 e89, they can tell you exactly how the switches should be set.
Hi

Thank you. I searched for an hour. No holes that goes outside anyways in the back of my 2013 car.

I ended up going though the gromet that carries the hose for the exhaust valve. Gosh it was a painful job to route the cables though the car. Well made car and I'm too old to twist that much

Re carplay. Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't use it for messages in a factory setup either. My Unichip ver doesn't read the message. It just wants me to dictate a message.

Appreciate your help. It's all done now and I'm pretty happy to have a reversing camera got the z4!

Cheers
Appreciate 0