04-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #88
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Andy View Post
The 1M does feels cheap and dated (vastly so in some areas) in comparison to the Z4 but the 1M is better screwed together.

I've had serious build issues with both my E89's on arrival (especially the paint).

Perhaps I have just been unlucky. All our other BMWs have been flawless.

Still the Z4 is by far my fav car. I love driving it so much and as I have a disability the daft push pull gear change is perfect for me.

Apart from droping £200,000 on a 458 Spider there is nothing else that comes close for me.
The 1M is the most rock solid car I have driven and this includes a e90 330i I had before and many other different cars. The outdated interior is a fact and it doesn't bother me a bit, in fact I like the simplicity of the car, for 1M it feels natural and it is quite ergonomic. Maybe I feel like this because am not a fan of electronics or monitors in cars and ordered mine without a satnav and idrive, or a power seat. I think it is much better like this. Most plastics feel hard and cheap though. I wanna cover all the plastic areas with alcantara sometimes! The paint quality is equally bad in the 1M, strange that even z4 is not immune from this disease. I hope this is not a trend in BMW, my 1997 318ti had a better paint job.
Appreciate 0